Who needs script consulting?
Whether you’re a veteran producer with a screenplay about to go in front of the cameras or a newcomer writing your
first screenplay and you've just typed "fade out," you need a script consultant with objective, informed feedback about exactly
what’s working in your screenplay and what isn’t. But you need more than some anonymous reader or analyst who
can just tell you how you’re doing. You need a true script doctor, a creative expert who can provide skilled script
consulting that helps you strengthen what’s already working and fix what’s broken.
That’s exactly the kind of script consulting we do.
We're script doctors/script consultants and screenwriters Christopher and Kathleen Riley. Because we’re screenwriters successfully working today in Hollywood, we can guide you toward creative solutions
to specific script problems. Because we’re also successful screenwriting instructors, we can equip you with essential
skills and insider techniques that will improve your writing on this project and every future project. Your script will get
better and so will you.
Choosing the right script consultant can make all the difference
When you choose scriptHollywood, you're choosing script doctors who are:
- working writers with major studio assignments who are actively engaged writing movies in today's Hollywood
- the produced, credited screenwriters of the multiple-award-winning feature film After the Truth, which Rolling Stone called "high-octane" and Variety called "a gripping and surprisingly moving slice
- successful screenwriting instructors whose students are winning major awards and making writing deals
- Hollywood's foremost authority on screenplay format and style
- proud members of the Writers Guild of America
No other reader, analyst, script doctor or screenplay consultant can claim all that.
What a screenwriting consultation with scriptHollywood can do for you
We tailor our practical advice to the needs of your project and to advancing your screenwriting skills to get you noticed.
We’ll help you:
- improve your project’s marketability by focusing your screenplay toward a commercial story, genre and cast
- make readers care by developing characters shaped by their pasts and driven by clear, powerful needs and desires
- build a robust, professional structure that solidly supports your story
- put readers on the edges of their seats by sharpening and clarifying conflict and jeopardy
- create dialogue that efficiently reveals character and advances your story
- write action sequences that are crisp, fresh and exciting
- enrich your project with a consistent and coherent theme
- ensure your screenplay format is clean and professional
Click here to learn more about Christopher and Kathleen Riley.
Click here for information on rates and how to submit your work.